Just the other day, I was texting with my son asking for their scheduled school break comes October. I remember that they have about 2 weeks break in school few days before the Halloween and All Souls Day. I applied for my home leave in October in anticipation for my kids short vacation in school so I could spend more quality time with them. I am also planning this early for our holiday vacation in Thailand in time for the school break. My kids are pretty much excited about the trip and they are giving me suggestions on what they want to do during our visit to Thailand. As early as now, I am beginning to write our trip itinerary so I could have that assurance that we'll be able to maximize our stay at Bangkok.
At first, I was having second thoughts going for this vacation as my pocket has been greatly wounded (lol) recently due to my huge expenses in renovating the apartment. Aside from this, I am expecting another expenses during my home leave as I am looking into paying off my balance for a lot. My son even asked me, "Are you sure Mom? That you want to bring us for a holiday in Thailand?" I was having second thoughts then, but after careful thinking, I get convinced that I have to go for that vacation with them due to the following reasons:
- Since I've started with this new company last March after I've decided to resign from my previous company, I really never treat myself for a little pampering except for my regular Thai massage sessions during my days off. I was staying in a province in Cambodia and there's not much place to go here for relaxation so I was just in a working mode since March up to the present.
- I have a difficult Boss. A person having high standards and super duper perfectionist who loves to give pressure to the employees. Because of this, I was in a struggle adjusting to his work style for months now.
- I spend most of the times here working....working....working.
- I think I am working hard enough for the past months earning from both my regular job and online tasks.
- I have done quite well accomplishing a number of projects at home during the first two quarters of this year.
- I won't be home for Christmas so I might as well spend my home leave to the max.
Having had all these, don't you think that I deserve a break? A pleasant and relaxing vacation in the Philippines with my family and a shopping spree at Bangkok with the kids?
Oh well....I have to give myself a consolation at times and reward myself for having worked hard all these years. After all, I provide well for the family, and my kids and Mom could very well attest to that.
So, Am I able to convince you, too? (lol)